To ensure you get the longest life out of your batteries, Molift have compiled a list of tips for caring for the battery for your Molift lifter. These tips are for batteries used for the Molift Smart 150 Portable Patient Lifter, Molift Mover 180 and Molift Quick Raiser Raisers as well as the Molift Mover 205, Molift Mover 300 and Molift Partner 255 Patient Hoist.
- New batteries will not achieve full capacity before it has been fully charged and discharged 2-3 times.
- We recommend that you have 2 batteries – one in the charger and one in the lifter. This will provide 24/7 operable lifter.
- Only charge when the battery when the lifter indicates low battery. (Red LED on the lifter)
- The NIMH battery have an expected full power life of 300-500 charging cycles.
- NiMH batteries can lose up to 1% of their charge each day without use. Recharge every 4 months when in storage.
- Leaving a NiMH battery in a charger will not damage the battery.
- Never allow a NiMH battery to be charged in charger for NiCD batteries.